Active throughout the year
The neighbourhood around our Hotel and Chalets Grosslehen offers a multitude of activities, as in spring, autumn and winter. Whether you like walking, biking or climbing in the warm months or are waiting to ski our circuit in winter our location is ideal for all leisure activities.
The cold season of the year is when Fieberbrunn presents its best face.
The magnifience of the white snow glistening like a fairy tale, langorous warmth spreading itself from the fireside and the romantic feeling of riding on a horse drawn sleigh – such is the variety of winter at the Hotel Chalets Grosslehen Resort.
Skiing - the boards that mean the world
The freeride mecca of Fieberbrunn in combination with the ski circuit Saalbach, Hinterglemm, Leogang offering 275 kilometres of pistes is one of the largest ski areas in Austria. Take the ski bus from Grosslehen Resort to the bottom of the Fieberbrunn Lifts or to another of the ski areas in the Schneewinkel.
Each step is a feel good experience on a winter walk
Pure relaxation in nature
The definite crunching of ones shoes in the snow, whilst the rest of the background noises are swallowed up by white resplendence. No far distance drives to the starting point, just set off from the doors of Hotel Chalets Grosslehen and explore the mountain countryside in the PillerseeTal.
The ideal base for a relaxing and unwinding holiday. The definition „Winter paradise“ gains a completely new meaning In Austria’s snowiest region and lets one’s heart beat stronger.
Our quality walking services for you
- 1 guided walk with a certified guide per week
- Free walking maps from our reception
Our tips for your next winter walking adventure
- Winter walk Hochkogl – Walk up to the beginning of the toboganning run in Fieberbrunn, Length : 2,3 kms Amount of metres to climb : 276 metres, Height of highest point : 1066metres, Grade: middle Compopsition of walk : rolled paths over fields and on edge of wood
- Winter walk Eiserne Hand – Burger Alm, Length ; 4,5 kms, Time : 2 hours, Amount of metres to climb : 394 metres, Highest point : 1254 metres, Grade : middle
Our tips for your next Snowshoe adventure
- Snow shoe walk to the Burgeralm Length : 4,5 kms, Time : 1,5 hours, Grade : middle, Starting point : Gasthof Eiserne Hand (Fieberbrunn) Don’t forget the toboggan!
- Winter walk around the Pillersee towards St. Adolari Length 5,1 kms, Time : 1,5 hours, Grade: easy Starting point : Tourist Office St. Ulrich am Pillersee
- Winter walk up the Buchensteinwand Length 2,7 kms, Time : approx 45 Minutes, Grade : easy, Starting point : Hotel Strasserwirt (St. Ulrich am Pillersee)
Further winter walks can be found on the homepage of the Touristboard PillerseeTal.
Our reception team is happy to help with your route planning.
Crosscountry skiing in the PillerseeTal
The PillerseeTal, Austria’s region with the most snow -is not only well known for the annual Biathlon World Cup in Hochfilzen. The daily prepared and groomed network of runs with over 100 kilometres of loops for both classic and skating styles makes the PillerseeTal a true cross country eldorado.
PillerseeTal – insider’s tip for pedallers. Our area offers something for every standard whether a leisurely outing along shady paths, pleasurable trip around the Pillersee or more advanced up to a mountain peak such as the Buchensteinwand.
Biking at top level
More than 800 kilometres of bike and mountainbike routes cross through the Pillerseetal and will excite and exhilirate every biker’s heart. And the Bikepark in Leogang is not far away…
Hiking over hill and dale
So close to the skies
Enjoy the mountain panorama – in each season
Walking is something for everyone! Discover new views, new perspectives, quiet countryside and let sunrays warm your body.
The PillerseeTal offers unique mountain experiences for beginners and hobby walkers In winter as well as in summer. The unmistakable panorama of the Kitzbühel Alps and genuine tyrolean delicacies on one of the many alms are a promising reward for the strenuous climb. An unforgettable holiday experience is guaranteed!
Wander along the sunny side of life
Feel the success of reaching the mountain peak
When the grasses and the alpine flowers blow gently in the summer breaze and deep blue mountain lakes offer a welcoming refreshing dip – then it is clear that summer has arrived.
The Loferer Steinberge, the Buchensteinwand and the Wilde Kaiser around Hotel Chalets Grosslehen are just waiting for you to discover them.
Whether on a gentle walk or a grander peak seeking adventure, gentle green alm meadows, sweeping mountain streams, dark woods and breathtaking views await you. Signposted paths at a height from 700 to 2500 metres, beautiful panoramic routes, interesting theme walks or idyllic nordic walking strecthes- the PillerseeTal mountain world fulfills all walking tastes. Whether practised mountaineers or first-time walkers the Kitzbühel Alps offer the ideal route for every person.
The warmer months are the best time to explore the beautiful PillerseeTal and the surrounding mountain world. So hop into those walking boots and off you go!
Our quality walking services for you
- One guided walk with a certified guide per week
- Free walking maps at our reception
- Walking poles rental
- Free wanderbus
Our tips for your next walking adventure
- Walk to peak of the Wildseeloder ( 2118 metres) Time : approx 4-5 hours, Length: 9,7kms Grade : middle, Starting point : Bottom of the lift station Fieberbrunn
- Walk to the Spielberg ( 2044 metres) Time : qpprox. 5 hours, Length : 7,9 kms ,Grade : middle, Starting point : Gasthof Eiserne Hand (Fiebebrunn)
- Walk to the Heimkehrerkreuz ( 2155 metres) Time : approx 4,5 hours, Length : 4,4 kms, Grade: Middle, only for advanced walkers stating point : Carpark Pillersee
- Walk treat Grieseltal – Schießlingalm time : approx 1,5 hours, Length : 2,9 kms, Grade : middle, Starting point : Village centre St. Ulrich am Pillersee
More walks can be found on the homepage of the Touristboard PillerseeTal.
Our reception is more than happy to help you with the planning of your routes.
All you need for every hiker’s dream
For every hiking taste: On marked hiking trails between 700 and 2,500 metres above sea level, wonderful panoramic routes, interesting themed walks or idyllic Nordic walking tracks - the mountains around the Pillersee Valley leave nothing to be desired.
Time to jump on the bike
its time to take to the saddle when the warm months are here
Balmy summer evenings, the refreshing splash of a glass clear mountain lake and spending the night beneath the stars – the resort Grosslehen lets you feel, enjoy and experience its manifoldness at first hand
big choice of golf courses
9 – 18 – 27, how many holes would you like to play?
15 golf courses all within an hour by car - the diverstiy offered by the Kaiser mountain range with the neighbouring Chiemgauer Alps and the Pinzgau makes our area a golfer’s paradise. Intense golf indulgence on 9, 18 or 27 holes in Tyrol, the province of Salzburg or our neighbour Bavaria. Not to mention watching your drive soar off the tee to the backdrop of the mountains.
The climbing paradise of the PillerseeTal
Outdoors or inside. Our climbing proposal is mega. From exciting fixed rope routes to many oppurtunities to try out your skills on nature’s rocks the PillerseeTal offers easier to advanced tours. Speciifically enjoyable in the autumn when the sun rays warm the rocks.